BREAKING NEWS: UPSC HAS RELEASED THE NOTIFICATION FOR CSE 2023
WHAT IS UPSC CSE EXAM?
The UPSC CSE in India is a nationwide competitive examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). Via the Civil Services Examination, the UPSC recruits candidates for various Central and All India Civil Service posts in the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS), Indian Police Service (IPS), Indian Revenue Service (IRS), etc.
DETAILS OF NOTIFICATION
IAS vacancy 2023 are 1105
Date of Notification
Date of Commencement of Examination
Last Date for Receipt of Applications
21/02/2023 - 6:00pm
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released a notification according to which, the number of UPSC 2023 vacancy are 1105. 869 vacancies were there in CSE 2022 which were increased later to 1011. Candidates will be able to read the notice for increased UPSC 2023 vacancy on the official website of upsc.gov.in.
Posts for which for UPSC CSE recruitment 2023 will take place:
(i) Indian Administrative Service
(ii) Indian Foreign Service
(iii) Indian Police Service
(iv) Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
(v) Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
(vi) Indian Corporate Law Service, Group ‘A’
(vii) Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
(viii) Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’
(ix) Indian Information Service, Junior Grade Group ‘A’
(x) Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’
(xi) Indian P&T Accounts and Finance Service, Group ‘A’
(xii) Indian Railway Protection Force Service, Group ‘A’
(xiii) Indian Revenue Service (Customs & Indirect Taxes) Group ‘A’
(xiv) Indian Revenue Service (Income Tax) Group ‘A’
(xv) Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’ (Grade III)
(xvi) Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade)
(xvii) Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar
Haveli Civil Service (DANICS), Group ‘B’
(xviii) Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar
Haveli Police Service (DANIPS), Group ‘B’
(xix) Pondicherry Civil Service (PONDICS), Group ‘B’
WHY CHOOSE IAS?
CSE conducted by the Union Public Service Commission is one of the most respected recruitment exams in our country. Every year more than a million apply for this prestigious exam. Since the 90's when the world economy recovered, many opportunities have opened up to young people all over the country. The IT and ITES industries have fulfilled the dreams of young and old alike and the industry continues to employ thousands of people every year.
Despite all of this, millions of young people across India are yearning for a government job. And when it comes to government services, the IAS is king. Many students choose to enter the public service after graduation which presents them with challenging opportunities. An Economic Times poll revealed that for more than 70 percent of participants, becoming an IAS official is their dream job. It offers the opportunity to gain power and authority as well as to compassionately serve the country. That is why many students choose a dream job to be an IAS.
The main reasons why the IAS is the choice of a lucrative career because it helps an individual pay back to the nation by serving it with dignity and respect, the prestige and glory that go with public services are unique, the IAS is a symbol of national power, excellent benefits and income, job security, employment, life balance, feeling important, Fame, Power, Fame, Glory – Civil Services has it all.
UPSC EXAM ELIGIBILITY FOR CIVIL SERVICES:
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
Any degree (graduation) from:
- any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India.
- or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament.
- or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956.
- or possess an equivalent qualification.
Note: Final year students can also apply.
Minimum age to appear for UPSC IAS Exam:
The minimum age to appear for IAS Exam is 21 years. This means that the candidate must have at least 21 years of age on 1st August of that given year when the exam is held. For example, if the candidate is appearing for 2023 prelims, he/she should be above 21 years of age by Aug 1, 2023.
The upper age limit is also calculated on the date Aug 1. This means if the candidate is appearing for 2023 prelims, he/she should be below the mentioned maximum limit by Aug 1, 2023. The upper age limit is fixed different for different categories, which is as given below.
- Upper age limit for General category: 32 years.
- Upper age limit for OBC: 35 years.
- Upper age limit for SC/ST: 37 Years.
- Upper age limit for Defense Services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof: 35 years.
- Upper age limit for Ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service: 37 years.
- Upper age limit for blind, deaf-mute and Orthopaedically handicapped persons (general category): 42 years.
- Apart from the mentioned limits, OBC/ SC/ ST candidates will get the benefit of cumulative age relaxation. This means age relaxations gets added in special cases, say, for example, if the person is OBC + Ex-servicemen, he will get an extension of 3 + 5 = 8 years, ie his upper age limit now stands at 40 years.
Number of attempts:
- The number of attempts for the IAS exam: General Category: 6 attempts till 32 years of age.
- The number of attempts for the IAS exam: OBC: 9 attempts till 35 years of age.
- The number of attempts for the IAS exam: SC/ST: unlimited attempts till 37 years of age.
- NB: Physically Handicapped /disabled candidates belonging to the General category will get the benefit of 9 attempts till the age prescribed by UPSC – 42 years.
DETAILED SCHEME OF EXAMINATION:
It consists of three successive stages:
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam (Objective Type) for the selection of candidates for Civil Services (Main) Exam,
- Civil Services (Main) Exam (Written) for the selection of candidates for the Personality Test.
- Interview/Personality Test for the selection of candidates for the various Services and posts.
First step of becoming an agent of change:
- The Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination comprises of two papers of 200 marks each i.e. General Studies (GS) Paper-I.
- GS Paper-II (also known as CSAT i.e. Civil Service Aptitude Test) is qualifying in nature and in which a candidate has to secure 33% marks only.
- Objective type (Multiple Choice Questions) is asked at this stage. Marks obtained at this stage are counted only to decide merit in preliminary examination, not for final selection. Clearing the Prelims makes one eligible for the next stage of the exam.
Syllabi for the Examination:
Paper I ‐(200 marks) Duration: Two hours
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography-Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance-Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development-Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialization.
- General Science.
Paper II‐(200 marks) Duration : Two hours
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability;
- Decision making and problem solving;
- General mental ability;
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. — Class X level);
Note 1 :Paper-II of the Civil Services (Preliminary) Examination will be a qualifying paper with
minimum qualifying marks fixed at 33%.
Note 2 :The questions will be of multiple choice, objective type.
Note 3 :It is mandatory for the candidate to appear in both the Papers of Civil Services (Prelim)
Examination for the purpose of evaluation. Therefore a candidate will be disqualified in case he/she does not appear in both the papers of Civil Services (Prelim) Examination
UPSC CUT-OFF MARKS–OVER THE YEARS:
SUBJECT-WISE WEIGHTAGE (PRELIMS):
WHY APTIPLUS IS THE RIGHT CHOICE FOR UPSC CSE EXAM PREPARATION?
15+ years in civil services coaching and counting! With a humble origin in the year 2006, Aptiplus has performed consistently and has now become a household name by bringing the best IAS coaching in Kolkata & Bhubaneswar. There has been a steady increase in the number of selections and admissions year on year.
Aptiplus has gone over the mile by bringing the core values of authenticity, integrity and determination; time-tested unique learning pedagogy; distinguished faculty members of national repute; innovative courses & Test series; scientifically designed study material; personalised coaching and enabling infrastructure through a single platform. All these features have attracted students from all over India.
Aptiplus has had the honours to produce top ranks in recent years’ AIR 9, 29, 43, and 50 in CSE 2021 (4 selections in the top 50). Total 45+ selections. This best OPSC OAS coaching in Bhubaneswar has produced top ranks such as 1, 2 and 4 (7 in top 10, 14 in top 20) in OPSC OAS 2020. Total 305+ selections. Further, this best WBCS coaching in Kolkata produced high ranks such as 5th, 6th and 17th in WBCS 2018. That it is a civil services coaching institute of real substance is highlighted by its achievements as well as it has been awarded the Global Education Excellence Award by Prime Time; Best Civil & State Services Coaching Institute in West Bengal & Odisha-Global Education Excellence Awards, 2019 and Best IAS Institute by Worldwide Achievers, World Education Summit, New Delhi, 2017.
- UPSC CSE requires a very systematic preparation and it tests fundamentals of the subject and ability to think logically and analytically. It examines one’s basic concepts its logical aspects and ability to apply fundamentals to multi-conceptual problems. The teaching methodology at Aptiplus Academy (the best online coaching for UPSC CSE, Best IAS Coaching in Kolkata, Best UPSC Coaching in Kolkata, Best IAS Coaching in Bhubaneswar, Best UPSC coaching in Bhubaneswar and best online UPSC CSE preparation, coupled with the best online platform for IAS preparation/ best website for Civil Services Preparation, IASGYAN) offers the students a very systematically designed curriculum with a stepwise theory teaching and testing the learned concepts.
- The regular tests designed by the senior faculty of Aptiplus Academy (the best online coaching for UPSC CSE, Best IAS Coaching in Kolkata, Best UPSC Coaching in Kolkata, Best IAS Coaching in Bhubaneswar, Best UPSC coaching in Bhubaneswar and best online UPSC CSE preparation, coupled with the best online platform for IAS preparation/ best website for Civil Services Preparation, IASGYAN) train aspirants to build the temperament and the art of facing UPSC CSE.
- Hard work is indispensable for UPSC CSE. If you are intelligent that’s good but intelligence alone is going to make you succeed in UPSC CSE. The teaching methodology of Aptiplus Academy (the best online coaching for UPSC CSE, Best IAS Coaching in Kolkata, Best UPSC Coaching in Kolkata, Best IAS Coaching in Bhubaneswar, Best UPSC coaching in Bhubaneswar and best online UPSC CSE preparation, coupled with the best online platform for IAS preparation/ best website for Civil Services Preparation, IASGYAN) is so designed that it puts aspirants on such a well-planned path that it makes you to realise your maximum potential in a very motivating manner.
- It is quite necessary that all students advance in the syllabus with full confidence and all their doubts are addressed properly and well in time. The teaching method at Aptiplus Academy (the best online coaching for UPSC CSE, Best IAS Coaching in Kolkata, Best UPSC Coaching in Kolkata, Best IAS Coaching in Bhubaneswar, Best UPSC coaching in Bhubaneswar and best online UPSC CSE preparation, coupled with the best online platform for IAS preparation/ best website for Civil Services Preparation, IASGYAN) has the necessary ingredient of regular doubt removal sessions for the problems encountered.
- The study material at Aptiplus Academy (the best online coaching for UPSC CSE, Best IAS Coaching in Kolkata, Best UPSC Coaching in Kolkata, Best IAS Coaching in Bhubaneswar, Best UPSC coaching in Bhubaneswar and best online UPSC CSE preparation, coupled with the best online platform for IAS preparation/ best website for Civil Services Preparation, IASGYAN) is developed by esteemed team based on the research and experience of many years in the field of UPSC CSE coaching. The content is designed in a systematic and scientific way that enables the students to develop a complete understanding. Content is arranged in a logical set to understand the subject, developing in the students a step-by-step excellence for UPSC CSE.
- Classroom coaching at Aptiplus Academy (the best online coaching for UPSC CSE, Best IAS Coaching in Kolkata, Best UPSC Coaching in Kolkata, Best IAS Coaching in Bhubaneswar, Best UPSC coaching in Bhubaneswar and best online UPSC CSE preparation, coupled with the best online platform for IAS preparation/ best website for Civil Services Preparation, IASGYAN) aims to facilitate creation of new knowledge through acquisition organisation & dissemination of knowledge resources. Lectures are delivered to develop a feel for the concept.
WHAT DETERMINES SUCCESS IN THE UPSC CSE PRELIMS EXAM?
Let us learn ‘what’ and ‘why’ UPSC expects from a candidate at each stage of the examination….
Prelims: Through this stage the following qualities are assessed.
- CLARITY OF MIND: A civil servant entrusted with the responsibility of the society should have a mind which is very clear on its thoughts to take a just and lucid decision. Similarly mind should be strong and solid enough to be able to withstand stress and answer the questions in a balanced manner.
- SPEED: An administrator has to take big decisions and that too immediately.
- DECISION MAKING: An administrator’s success depends on how many correct decisions he could take in his life as they affect the country and its people.
- MEMORY: should be able to sort out what it requires even in the foggiest situations.
- FOCUS: Concentration is a forte of an administrator’s mind.
- AWARENESS: civil servant should be aware of the times, its requirements and the technology and means available, to make a good decision. Civil servant is expected to observe things that happen around you and retain them. Undoubtedly, such a mind would have a store of information and knowledge that he could use as raw material while taking a decision. Such a mind would be rational, continuously working and progressive.
Similarly, one should be aware of the differences between each tier of the exam. This will help them help approach preparation in a scientific manner and mould their brain and personality accordingly.
INITIATIVES TO CLEAR UPSC CSE 2023:
Aptiplus Academy, the best IAS coaching in Kolkata and the best IAS coaching in Odisha, the providing the best online test series for UPSC prelims 2023 through the best online platform for IAS preparation/ best website for Civil Services Preparation, IASGYAN suggests that you follow the SMS Approach (S: Study Material, M: Mocks, S: Strategy)
Study Material to clear the exam:
Aptiplus Academy, the best IAS coaching in Kolkata and the best IAS coaching in Odisha, the providing the best online test series for UPSC prelims 2023 through the best online platform for IAS preparation/ best website for Civil Services Preparation, IASGYAN provides a number of initiatives in this regard.
Mocks to clear the exam:
Mocks are nothing but practice/trials that one takes before the final battle.
Learning is not complete without practice
One of the most important parts of civil services examination is attempting the test series, online or offline. These test series are going to play a very important role in refining any aspirant’s performance. There are so many benefits of attempting these mock tests, particularly those by Aptiplus.
How these courses gives your preparation the winning edge?
- Helps students develop relevant skills needed to crack competitive examinations and helps them revise all topics.
- Exercises students' brain and give them a simulation of the actual exams according to latest exam pattern.
- Focuses on a complete systematic assessment of a student’s preparation and helps them do SWOT analysis.
- Helps them in mastering the art of Time Management & Accuracy.
- Candidates will get extra vital information.
- Designed to reflect the tentative score of students in the final exam.
- Opportunity to revise and re-revise
Unique differentiators of Aptiplus’s test series:
- Opportunity to compete with the best nationally
- Extensively covers the entire syllabus
- Gives a feel of the real UPSC exam-both in terms of quality as well as exam environment
- Curated by India's most renowned academicians
- Scientific and systematic assessment & feedback
- Personal attention to every aspirant
- Attempt the test anywhere at any time any number of times
COURSE FOCUS & OBJECTIVE :
To provide Civil Service aspirants with the right mindset and approach, We at APTI PLUS ACADEMY have designed the most curative and holistic Prelims Mock Test Series that aids the aspirants by ensuring 360-degree coverage of the entire spectrum of prelims syllabus. The Prelims Test Series is synchronized to meet the desired parameter of the actual exam conducted by the UPSC.
Platinum [Total Test - 60]
- Sectional Test - 31
- Previous year Test - 5
- Current Affairs Test - 7
- Full-Length Test - 10
- CSAT Test - 7
- IAS Gazette Subscription - 12 Months
- Previous year Test - 5
- Current Affairs Test - 7
- Full-Length Test - 10
- CSAT Test - 7
- IAS Gazette Subscription - 6 Months
- Total Test - 29
- Current Affairs Test - 7
- Full-Length Test - 10
- Total Test - 17
UPSC CSE Integrated Test (Prelims + Mains)
COURSE FOCUS & OBJECTIVE :
The selection of a most accurate and exam-oriented test series programme is a half-war win-like situation in UPSC CSE. We at APTI PLUS ACADEMY have designed the Integrated Test series which cater the prerequisites requirements for both the prelims and mains stages of the examination. Our Integrated Test Series (ITS) Program has been meticulously structured to provide a real-time exam experience to the aspirants.
The Integrated Test (Prelims + Mains) encompassed 360 in-depth coverage of the syllabus, the tests have been designed to cover the entire static and current portions comprehensively. The tests are strictly adhere to the contemporary trends and exam patten of the UPSC Civil service Examination.
- All India Level Tests: 30
- Revision Tests:10. Covers old and new NCERTs + standard books
- Previous Years’ Questions Based Tests:5 tests.
- Current Affairs Tests: 7 Tests covering 1 year of complete Current Affairs.
- GS Full-Length Tests: 4. Covers the entire syllabus.
- CSAT Tests: 4. Covers the entire syllabus.
- 8 Full-length Tests
These high-quality revolutionized learning modules have been rigorously designed to ensure that aspirants are ready for the examination and are able to manage micro detailing of subjects, tackle unconventional questions.
Daily Prelims Mini Tests section contains MCQs from newspapers as well as from the static subjects on rotational basis
DAILY EDITORIALS AND DAILY NEWS ANALYSIS:
Daily Editorials’ wherein, one important editorial topic is selected every day from all the important newspapers and covered holistically, so that a student need not read tens of articles to frame a point of view over a topic. ‘Daily News Analysis’ provides the summary of all the relevant news of the day. These summaries are concise and other important fact, data, examples, cases etc are incorporated other than what is covered in news so that one gets every information pertaining to the exam.
Also available are subject wise tests under the STEP UP Programme 2023
HOW TO ENSURE SUCCESS IN THE CIVIL SERVICE PREPARATION?
Join: Aptiplus Academy, the best online coaching for UPSC CSE, Best IAS Coaching in Kolkata, Best UPSC Coaching in Kolkata, Best IAS Coaching in Bhubaneswar, Best UPSC coaching in Bhubaneswar and best online UPSC CSE preparation, coupled with the best online platform for IAS preparation/ best website for Civil Services Preparation, IASGYAN
It is a well-known saying that “EACH AND EVERY MASTER/ EXPERT WAS ONCE A BEGINNER”. There is no such thing as an overnight success. All the successful person that one may admire or idolize worked on their craft for many sleepless nights. Firstly, one should understand the process and pattern of examination. The syllabus of the examination should be imbibed by referring to it daily. After this one should thoroughly read the past five years’ question papers of both preliminary test and mains examination. This will give a direction to the candidate that what one should focus upon while reading such a vast syllabus.
UPSC is not looking for specialists in each of the subjects mentioned in the syllabus but it wants the future civil servants to have a general knowledge on the topics mentioned in the syllabus.