Agri-Clinics and Agri-Business (AC&ABC) Scheme
14th January, 2023 Agriculture
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- On National Youth Day, also known as Vivekananda Jayanti, 82 best Agripreneurs who were trained under the– Agri-Clinics and Agri-Business (AC&ABC) Scheme were trained.
- Agri-Clinics and Agri-Business (AC&ABC), is a Central Sector Scheme implemented in the country in collaboration with NABARD since 2002.
- It aims to transform unemployed youth into self-employed Agripreneurs through a 45 days free residential training at different parts of the country with a provision for availing loan and subsidies from the banks.
- The AC&ABC Scheme is being implemented by National Institute of Agricultural Extension Management (MANAGE), Hyderabad in different states in the country.
The objectives of the scheme are –
- To supplement efforts of public extension by providing extension and other services to farmers either on a payment basis or free of cost as per the business model of agri-preneur, local needs and affordability of target group of farmers
- To support agricultural development
- To create gainful self-employment opportunities to unemployed agricultural graduates, agricultural diploma holders, and intermediate in agriculture and biological science graduates with PG in agri-related courses.
- Agri-Clinics are envisaged to provide expert advice and services to farmers on various aspects to enhance productivity of crops/animals and increase the incomes of farmers. Agri-Clinics provide support in the following areas:
- Soil health
- Cropping practices
- Plant protection
- Crop insurance Clinical services for animals, feed and fodder management
- Post-harvest technology
- Clinical services for animals, feed and fodder management
- Prices of various crops in the market, etc.
- Agri-Business Centres are commercial units of agri-ventures established by trained agriculture professionals.
- These ventures may include maintenance and custom hiring of farm equipment, sale of inputs and other services in agriculture and allied areas, including post-harvest management and market linkages for income generation and entrepreneurship development.
- The scheme covers full financial support for training and handholding, provision of loan and credit-linked back-end composite subsidy.