Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- A new snail species, Alycaeus himalayae, has been discovered in Arunachal cave.
- Alycaeus is a genus of small land snails, and members of the family Alycaeidae.
- These are distributed from Southern India to Japan.
- The Himalayan region is one of the centers of their diversity in terms of the number of species and genera.
- This new species differs from all other Himalayan alycaeid species due to its yellowish, conical shell.
- Alycaeus himalayae N. differs from all other Alycaeus species by the characteristic trumpet-like projection on the outer side of the operculum.
Q. Recently, Alycaeus himalayae was in the news. What is it?
1.A long-fingered bat
3.A bamboo-dwelling bat
Choose the correct code.