7th September, 2021 Security and Defence
- Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- Royal Australian navy and Indian navy commence bilateral exercise, called ‘AUSINDEX’.
- Royal Australian Navy (RAN) participated in Exercise MALABAR along with the IN units is also part of the exercise.
- It is the 4th edition of AUSINDEX .
- This edition of AUSINDEX includes complex surface, sub-surface and air operations between ships, submarines, helicopters and Long Range Maritime Patrol Aircraft of the participating Navies.
- Commenced in 2015 as a bilateral IN-RAN maritime exercise, AUSINDEX has grown in complexity over the years.
- The exercise provide an opportunity for both Navies to further bolster inter-operability, gain from best practices and develop a common understanding of procedures for Maritime Security Operations.