Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission
19th December, 2022 Health
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- In a historic initiative, Hon. Prime Minister of India, Shri Narendra Modi launched the Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission.
About Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission
- This is to provide a digital health ID to people which will contain their health records.
- The key components of this scheme, which is also called the National Digital Health Mission or the PM Digital Health Mission, are a health identity card for every citizen, a healthcare professionals registry, and healthcare facilities registries.
- Based on the foundations laid down in the form of Jan Dhan, Aadhaar and Mobile (JAM) trinity and other digital initiatives of the government, Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission will create a seamless online platform through the provision of a wide range of data, information and infrastructure services, duly leveraging open, interoperable, standards-based digital systems while ensuring the security, confidentiality and privacy of health-related personal information.
- It will enable access and exchange of longitudinal health records of citizens with their consent.
- This will ensure ease of doing business for doctors and hospitals and healthcare service providers.
This mission will create interoperability within the digital health ecosystem, similar to the role played by the Unified Payments Interface in revolutionizing payments.