BALLAVPUR WILDLIFE SANCTUARY
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
Context: Nature enthusiasts have voiced concern as the number of migratory birds flocking to the Ballavpur Wildlife Sanctuary in West Bengal's Birbhum district has declined sharply this year.
- Ballavpur Wildlife Sanctuary The Asansol-Durgapur region is composed of undulating latterite region.
- This area lies between two mighty rivers the Damodar and the Ajay.
- They flow almost parallel to each other( 30 km apart) in the region.
- Ballabhpur Wildlife Sanctuary (popular for Deer Park) was established in 1977.
- This wooded area is located near Santiniketan in Bolpur subdivision of Birbhum District in the Indian state of West Bengal.
- It is home to a number of deer including the Blackbuck and Spotted deer. Other animals include jackals, foxes and a variety of water birds.