Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- India’s first bio-brick based building inaugurated at IIT Hyderabad.
- It can help farmers as their agricultural waste will become an income generator.
- It is part of the Bold Unique Idea Lead Development (BUILD) project to demonstrate the strength and versatility of the material.
- BUILD project is one of the initiatives of IIT-H, that has taken during the pandemic.
- BUILD objective is to bring out the best innovative and unique idea our students have and provide them the necessary support to convert their idea into reality.
- It is an illustration of ‘Wealth from Waste’.
- Bio-bricks or agro-waste-based bricks have good thermal and sound insulation,.
- They are breathable and help maintain a comfortable living condition during harsh summer or cold winters.
- Bio-brick was developed as an alternative and sustainable building material that acts as an alternative to stubble burning.
- Bio-bricks or agro-waste-based bricks can help to create new jobs at the grassroots level.