C-295 Transport Aircraft
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement intended.
- Indian Air Force takes delivery of the first C-295 Transport Aircraft in Spain.
- The CASA C-295 (now Airbus C295) is a Medium Tactical Transport Aircraft that was designed and initially manufactured by the Spanish aerospace company CASA.
- During 2021, it was agreed that, as a part of a larger purchase, a batch of 40 C-295s would be license-manufactured in India by Tata Advanced Systems Limited.
- It is capable of carrying up to nine tonnes of payload or as many as 71 troops at a maximum cruise speed of 260 kts.
- Adding to its flexibility is the capability of being equipped for the air-to-air refueling of fixed-wing aircraft and helicopters.
- Beyond its use as a tactical transporter, the C-295 is capable of performing a wide variety of missions effectively. These included parachute and cargo dropping, electronic signals intelligence (ELINT), medical evacuation (MEDEVAC), and maritime patrol.
- The C295 cruises at altitudes up to 30,000 ft., while also retaining excellent low-level flight characteristics. It has remarkable short take-off & and landing (STOL) performance from unpaved, soft, and sandy/grass airstrips.
- The C295 is the perfect “workhorse” offering unique versatility and proven reliability for the needs, of military forces, governments and non-governmental agencies – today and tomorrow.
Q. Recently, CASA C-295 was in the news. What is it?
2. Light Combat Helicopter
3. Medium Tactical Transport Aircraft
4. Fighter-Bomber Aircraft
Answer: Medium Tactical Transport Aircraft