C-CARES WEB PORTAL
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- Union Minister of Coal, Mines, and Parliamentary Affairs, Shri Pralhad Joshi, inaugurated the C-CARES web portal of CMPFO (Coal Mines Provident Fund Organization).
- C-CARES developed and designed by C-DAC (Centre for Development of Advanced Computing), an R&D organization under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
- Aims to address the longstanding challenge of digitizing CMPFO's records and work processes.
- Established in 1948 under the Ministry of Coal, CMPFO is an autonomous organization administering Provident Fund and Pension schemes for coal sector workers.
- Currently serving around 3.3 lakh Provident Fund subscribers and 6.1 lakh pensioners in the coal sector.
Key Features of C-CARES Portal:
- Online Processing: Facilitates online processing and settlement of Provident Fund and pension claims, eliminating manual procedures.
- Efficiency and Transparency: Promises faster processing, transparency in operations, improved record management, and monitoring.
- Confidence Building: Instills confidence in subscribers and pensioners through streamlined and accessible digital services.
- The project, awarded to C-DAC in March 2023, provides a comprehensive solution framework addressing operational and software challenges.
- Aims to transform CMPFO's operations, making them more efficient and user-friendly.
Functions of C-CARES Portal:
- Subscriber Access: Allows CMPF subscribers to access and view individual details and subscription status.
- Coal Company Interface: Enables coal companies to submit contribution details, subscribers' particulars, and claims for online settlement and payment.
Benefits and Impact:
- Paperless Operations: Ensures paperless working environment.
- Timely and Accurate Settlement: Aims for timely and accurate settlement of claims, reducing processing time.
- Grievance Redressal: Enhances grievance redressal mechanisms for better stakeholder satisfaction.
Alignment with Digital India Vision:
- Reflects the commitment of CMPFO and the Ministry of Coal towards the vision of a Digital India championed by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi.
- The launch signifies a significant leap in CMPFO's digitization journey, ushering in a new era of efficiency, transparency, and accessibility for CMPF subscribers and pensioners in the coal sector.
Q. What is the primary objective of the C-CARES web portal inaugurated by Union Minister Shri Pralhad Joshi for CMPFO (Coal Mines Provident Fund Organization)?
A) To promote environmental sustainability in coal sector operations.
B) To enhance the efficiency and transparency of online processing for Provident Fund and pension claims.
C) To facilitate international collaboration in the coal mining industry.
D) To provide training programs for coal sector workers.
Correct Answer: B) To enhance the efficiency and transparency of online processing for Provident Fund and pension claims.