DALMA WILDLIFE SANCTUARY
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- The canopy walk facility at the Dalma sanctuary will be set up by mid-February.
Dalma Wildlife Sanctuary
- Dalma Wildlife Sanctuary is a protected area located near Jamshedpur in the state of Jharkhand.
Geography and Flora:
- The sanctuary is characterized by mixed deciduous forests.
- Notable flora includes sal, bamboo, and various tropical deciduous trees.
- The sanctuary is home to a diverse range of wildlife, including elephants, barking deer, sloth bears, leopards, and various bird species.
- Elephants are a prominent feature, and the sanctuary is known for its efforts in elephant conservation.
Q. Which Indian state is home to the Dalma Wildlife Sanctuary, known for its efforts in conserving and managing the elephant population, and is characterized by mixed deciduous forests with notable flora such as sal and bamboo?