9th October, 2021 Society
Figure 2: Copyright Infringement Not Intended
- Recently, the Union Labour Ministry and Microsoft India have jointly launcheda digital Skilled platform — DigiSaksham — to enhance youth employability.
- This joint initiative is an extension of the ongoing programsto support the youth from rural and semi-urban areas.
Key Points About:
- Free of cost training in digital skills including basic skills as well as advanced computing,will be provided to more than 3 lakh youths in the first year.
- Priority will be given to the job-seekers of semi urban areas belonging to disadvantaged communities, including those who have lost their jobs due to Covid-19 pandemic.
- Training would be conducted at the Model Career Centres (MCCs) and National Career Service Centres (NCSC) for Scheduled Castes (SCs)/Scheduled Tribes (STs) across the country.
- Implemented by: Aga Khan Rural Support Programme India (AKRSP-1).
- AKJRSP-I is a non-denominational, non-government development organization.
- It works as a catalyst for the betterment of rural communities by providing direct support to local communities.
- Role of NCS Portal: The Job Seekers can access the training through National Career Service (NCS) Portal.
- NCS Portal is a one-stop solution that provides a wide array of employment and career related services to the citizens of India. It is implemented by the Ministry of Labour and Employment.
- To bridge the gap of India’s digital divide, placing the country on the path to inclusive economic recovery and preparing India’s talent to thrive in a digital future catering not only to the needs of the domestic economy but also to tap the overseas employment opportunities.
Other Initiatives for Youth Employment:
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana 3.0
- Generation Unlimited in India (YuWaah)
- National Career Service
- Prime Minister’s Employment Generation Programme (PMEGP)
- Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana (PMMY)
- Pradhan Mantri Rojgar ProtsahanYojana (PMRPY)
- Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Scheme (MGNREGA)