Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
The Indian Air Force will be conducting Exercise Vayu Shakti-24 on 17 February 2024 at the Pokhran Air to Ground Range, near Jaisalmer.
- The last edition of exercise Vayu Shakti was held on 16 February 2019.
- Ex Vayu Shakti will be a riveting demonstration of the offensive and defensive capabilities of the IAF, spanning across day and night. The exercise will also showcase joint operations with the Indian Army.
- This year, the exercise will see participation by 121 aircraft, including the indigenous Tejas, Prachand and Dhruv.
- Other participating aircraft would include the Rafale, Mirage-2000, Sukhoi-30 MKI, Jaguar, Hawk, C-130J, Chinook, Apache and Mi-17.
- Indigenous Surface to Air Weapon systems Akash and Samar will demonstrate their capability to track and shoot down an intruding aircraft.
- Exercise Vayu Shakti will be a demonstration of the IAF's capability to deliver weapons with long range, precision capability as well as conventional weapon accurately, on time and with devastating effect, while operating from multiple air bases.
- Special operations by the IAF transport and helicopter fleets, involving the Garuds and Indian Army elements will also be on display.
“Exercise Vayu Shakti” often mentioned in news, is an Air Force Exercise between India and Which of the following country?
Answer D The exercise will showcase joint operations with the Indian Army.