INDIAN NATIONAL SPACE PROMOTION AND AUTHORIZATION (IN-SPACE)
11th June, 2022 Polity and Governance
Copyright infringement not intended
- The Prime Minister has inaugurated the headquarters of the Indian National Space Promotion and Authorisation Centre (IN-SPACe) in Ahmedabad.
- On the Occasion, several MoUs were signed between IN-SPACe and private sector companies.
- The MoUs were signed for promoting cooperation in the field of space-based applications and services.
- It will provide support to the space sector and open up new opportunities for youth.
Indian National Space Promotion and Authorization Centre (IN-SPACe)
- IN-SPACe is an independent agency under the Department of Space.
- The Department of Space is headed by the Prime Minister of India.
- It allows and regulates space activities and the use of Department of Space-owned facilities by private entities.
- It ensures greater private participation in the sector.
- It takes care of the needs and demands of private players.
- It explores ways to accommodate private sector requirements in consultation with ISRO.