6th October, 2021 Culture and Heritage
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- First consignment of Geographical Identification (GI) tagged sweet dish Mihidana sourced from Bardhaman, West Bengal has been exported to the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- Recently, to commemorate the historical legacy of a century old sweet delicacy & GI certified - Jaynagarer Moa, prepared from popped-rice ball & fresh date-palm jaggery, in Jaynagar, West Bengal, India Post in collaboration with APEDA released a specially designed envelope.
- In January, 2021, a consignment of Jaynagar Moa was exported to the Kingdom of Bahrain.
- In August, 2021, India Post released a special cover on West Bengal''s sweetmeats Mihidana and Sitabhog.
- West Bengal’s Bardhaman got the GI tag for the century-old sweetmeats in 2017.