Mitra Shakti exercise
Copyright infringement is not intended
Context: India and Sri Lanka will carry out a 12-day mega military exercise with a focus on enhancing counter-terror cooperation.
- The eighth edition of the 'Mitra Shakti' exercise will be conducted at Combat Training School in Sri Lanka's Ampara .
- Aim of the exercise: To promote close relations between armies of both countries and enhance inter-operability and sharing best practices in counter-insurgency and counter-terrorism operations.
- The exercise involves tactical level operations at sub-unit level in an international counter-insurgency and counter-terrorism environment.
- The exercise will go a long way in further strengthening the relationship between both the South Asian nations and will act as a catalyst in bringing synergy and cooperation at the grassroot level between both armies.
- The seventh edition of the Mitra Shakti exercise was conducted at Foreign Training Node (FTN) in Pune in 2019.