6th March, 2023 Economy
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- The Prime Minister, Shri Narendra Modi has lauded the benefits of Nano Urea in bringing long-term positive changes in the lives of Indian farmers.
- Nano Urea is a nanotechnology based revolutionary Agri-input which provides nitrogen to plants.
- When compared to conventional urea prill, it has a desirable particle size of about 20-50 nm and more surface area (10,000 times over 1 mm urea prill) and number of particles (55,000 nitrogen particles over 1 mm urea prill).
- Nano Urea Liquid can curtail the requirement of the same by at least 50%.
- It contains 40,000 ppm of nitrogen in a 500 ml bottle which is equivalent to the impact of nitrogen nutrient provided by one bag of conventional urea.
- Nano nitrogen (Nano Urea) can enhance farmer’s crop yields beside nitrogen saving to the extent of 50%.
IFFCO Nano Urea (liquid) is world’s first Nanofertilizers which has been notified by Fertilizer Control Order (FCO, 1985), Government of India. Nano Urea contains 4.0 % total nitrogen (w/v).
- The excess conventional urea causes environmental pollution, harms soil health, and makes plants more susceptible to disease & insect infestation, delayed maturity of the crop & production loss.
- Nano Urea Liquid makes the crops stronger, and healthy and protects them from the lodging effect.
- It will lead to a reduction in Global Warming.
- It will improve the quality of underground water by polluting it less.
- It will cut down post-harvesting costs and increase farmers’ income.
- Increased availability to crop by more than 80% resulting in higher Nutrient Use efficiency.
- Its application to crops as foliar fertilization enhances crop productivity to the tune of 8% with commensurate benefits in terms of better soil, air and water, and farmers profitability.
Q) India has become the first country globally to start commercial production of Nano Urea. Nano Urea Nano urea is expected to revolutionize the production of quality crops. Comment.