NATIONAL DIGITAL LIVESTOCK MISSION (NDLM)
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- Union Minister of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry & Dairying unveiled the National Digital Livestock Mission Blueprint at National Dairy Development Board (NDDB), at Anand.
- The livestock sector is poised for a major leap after implementation of NDLM, a digital platform being developed jointly by DAHD and NDDB on the foundation of the existing Information Network for Animal Productivity and Health (INAPH).
- The aim is to create a farmer-centric, technology-enabled ecosystem where the farmers are able to realize better income through livestock activities with the right information.
National Dairy Development Board
- The National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) is a statutory body set up by an Act of Parliament of India.
- It is under the jurisdiction of Ministry of Fisheries, Animal Husbandry and Dairying.
- The Board was created to finance, support and support producer-owned and controlled organisations.
- Its programmes and activities seek to strengthen farmer cooperatives and support national policies that are favourable to the growth of such institutions.
- Cooperative principles and cooperative strategies are fundamental to the board's efforts.
Information Network for Animal Productivity & Health (INAPH)
- Information Network for Animal Productivity & Health (INAPH), is an application that facilitates that facilitates capturing of real time reliable data on Breeding, Nutrition and Health Services delivered at Farmer’s Doorstep.
- It helps to asses and monitor progress of the projects.