13th September, 2021 Culture and Heritage
Disclaimer: No Copyright infringement intended.
- The Prime Minister has greeted the nation on the auspicious occasion of Nukhai.
- Nuakhai Juhar is harvesting festival of Odisha.
- Nuakhai is a combination of two words, 'nua' meaning new and 'khai' means eat, it thus signifies "eating of new rice".
- People worship food grain on this auspicious day.
- The farmers offer the first produce from their lands to Goddess Samaleswari, the famous mother goddess of Sambalpur district of the state.