ONLY WOMEN CONTINGENTS AT THE REPUBLIC DAY PARADE
Copyright infringement not intended
Context: The Republic Day parade of 2024 will feature only women contingents in all the performances, including marching, band, and tableaux.
- This decision was taken by the Defence Ministry to showcase the achievements and contributions of women in various sectors, especially in the defence forces.
- The parade, which will be held at Kartavya Path, will highlight the theme of Nari Shakti or women's power and will celebrate the spirit of gender equality and women empowerment in the country.
- The Defence Ministry has issued a memorandum to all the participating ministries, departments, organisations and agencies to start preparing for this unique parade.
- The parade will also reflect the government's efforts to promote gender equality and women empowerment in all spheres of life.
- The parade will showcase the diverse roles and responsibilities of women in different fields, such as defence, education, culture, health, sports, science and technology, among others.
- The parade will also mark many firsts for women officers and personnel in the defence forces.
- It will be the first time that women aircrew will fly over Kartavya Path in various aircraft formations, such as fighter jets, helicopters, and transport planes.
- The Republic Day parade of 2024 will be a proud moment for the nation as it will celebrate the spirit and strength of Indian women. It will also inspire and motivate young girls and women to pursue their dreams and aspirations with confidence and courage.
Must Read Articles:
Permanent commission to women officers https://www.iasgyan.in/daily-current-affairs/permanent-commission-to-women-officers