P-7 Heavy Drop Parachute System
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- The P-7 Heavy Drop Parachute System, entirely designed and developed in India, is set to enhance the paradropping capabilities of the Armed Forces on the battlefield.
- DRDO has developed the P7 Heavy Drop System which is capable of para-dropping military stores up to 7-ton weight class from IL 76 aircraft.
- The system has been manufactured with 100 percent indigenous Ferrous/Non-Ferrous Materials.
- Engineering textiles for Parachutes have been developed with the latest combination of Fluorocarbon and Silicon treatment to provide water/oil repellency and improved abrasion resistance.
- This system is fully indigenous and made under the Make in India program.
- The system would be a force multiplier for armed forces while enabling the rapid delivery of combat stores in far-flung inaccessible areas.
- The parachute guarantees the secure delivery of heavy cargo, even under challenging conditions.
- With a maximum load-bearing capacity of 8,500 kg and a permitted payload limit of 7,000 kg, the system operates at drop speeds ranging from 260 to 400 kph, showcasing its adaptability to different scenarios.
Q. Consider the following statements with reference to the P-7 Heavy Drop Parachute System.
1. The system has been manufactured with 100 percent indigenous materials.
2. It has a maximum load-bearing capacity of 10,500 kg.
3. It has been developed with Fluorocarbon and Silicon treatment to provide water/oil repellence.
How many of the above are correct?
A) Only 1
B) Only 2
C) All 3
Answer: B) Only 2