PM DAKSH YOJANA
29th July, 2022 Polity and Governance
Copyright infringement not intended
- The Union Minister of State for Social Justice and Empowerment has updated Rajya Sabha about the steps taken under PM DAKSH Yojana.
Recent Steps were taken under PM DAKSH Yojana
- The Minister said that the total amount of funds released under the Yojana for the year 2022-23 is Rs.84 crores.
- The Department of Social Justice and Empowerment has launched PM-DAKSH Portal and PM-DAKSH Mobile App.
About PM-DAKSH Yojana
- The Pradhan Mantri Dakshta Aur Kushalta Sampann Hitgrahi (PM-DAKSH) Yojana was launched in 2021, by the Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- PM-DAKSH (Pradhan Mantri Dakshta Aur Kushalta Sampann Hitgrahi) Yojana is a National Action Plan for skilling marginalized persons covering SCs, OBCs, EBCs, DNTs, Sanitation workers including waste pickers.
- Support artisans to improve their revenue generation capacities within their practising vocations.
- Empower Women to enter into self-employment thereby financially empowering themselves without neglecting their domestic activities.
- Encourage Youth from the target groups to acquire long-term training and specialization in employable vocations giving them better standing in the job market.
- The Union Minister for Social Justice and Empowerment also launched the ‘PM-DAKSH’ Portal and ‘PM-DAKSH’ Mobile App.
Key Features of the Scheme
- Beneficiaries between the age of 18-45 years.
- Free of cost for training, 100% grants by the Government.
- Support of Rs.1,000/- to Rs.1,500/- per month per trainee having 80% and above attendance in short-term and long-term training.
- Wage compensation @ Rs.3000/- per trainee having 80% and above attendance in Reskilling/Up-skilling.
- Trained candidates will be provided certification after successful completion of training and assessment.
- Trained candidates will be provided placement after assessment and certification.