PRADHAN MANTRI NATIONAL APPRENTICESHIP MELA
16th June, 2022 Polity and Governance
Copyright infringement not intended
- The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship has organized Pradhan Mantri National Apprenticeship Mela across 200+ locations in India.
- Over 1000 companies from more than 36 sectors have participated in the Mela.
- The objective of the Mela was to;
- Provide youth with the opportunity of being hired as an apprentice within companies.
- To assist companies in identifying and developing the selected candidates' potential through training and practical Skill-Sets.
- Selected Candidates after their training period will receive Apprenticeship certificates recognized by the National Council for Vocational Education and Training (NCVET).
- On this occasion, the officials of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship have announced that the Pradhan Mantri National Apprenticeship Mela (PMNAM) will be organized every month.
- The officials highlighted that this model of skill development will benefit both the candidate and the establishments.