PRADHAN MANTRI RASHTRIYA BAL PURASKAR
26th May, 2023 POLITY AND GOVERNANCE
Copyright infringement not intended
Context: The Ministry of Women and Child Development (MWCD) has announced that it is inviting nominations for the Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar (PMRBP) for the year 2024.
- The nominations for the PMRBP can be submitted online through the portal www.nca-wcd.nic.in/pmrpb by any citizen of India or an Indian organization. The last date for submission of nominations is 31st August 2023.
Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar (PMRBP)
- The PMRBP is the highest civilian honour for children in India, and it recognizes their exceptional achievements in various fields such as innovation, social service, sports, art and culture, bravery and scholastic excellence.
- The award aims to inspire and motivate the young generation to contribute to the nation's development and welfare.
- The awardees will receive a medal, a certificate, a cash prize and a citation from the Prime Minister of India. They will also get an opportunity to participate in various national events and interact with dignitaries.
The eligibility criteria for the award are as follows:
- The nominee should be a citizen of India or an Indian national residing abroad.
- The nominee should be between 5 to 18 years of age as on 31st December 2023.
- The nominee should have made an outstanding contribution in any of the specified fields in the past year or over some time.
- The nominee should not have received any other national award in the same field.
The PMRBP comprises two categories
- Bal Shakti Puraskar: It is given to individual children who have excelled in their respective fields.
- Bal Kalyan Puraskar: It is given to individuals and institutions who have made a significant contribution to the welfare of children.
- The MWCD has urged all eligible children and organizations to apply for the PMRBP and showcase their talents and achievements to the nation. The PMRBP is a prestigious award that honours the potential and promise of the young citizens of India.
Must Read Articles:
Pradhan Mantri Rashtriya Bal Puraskar: https://www.iasgyan.in/daily-current-affairs/pradhan-mantri-rashtriya-bal-puraskar