Singapore-India Maritime Bilateral Exercise (SIMBEX)
- Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- 28th edition of Singapore-India Maritime Bilateral Exercise (SIMBEX) was conducted from Sep 2-4, 2021.
About Singapore-India Maritime Bilateral Exercise (SIMBEX):
- India and Singapore have carried out a mega naval war game in the southern fringes of the South China Sea, in reflection of their growing congruence of interests in the strategically key region.
- It was the 28th edition of the Singapore-India Maritime Bilateral Exercise (SIMBEX).
- Initiated in 1994, SIMBEX is the Indian Navy's longest uninterrupted bilateral maritime exercise with any foreign navy.
- Sustaining the continuity of this significant engagement despite the challenges of the ongoing pandemic further underscores the strength of bilateral defence ties.
- India-Singapore defence ties remain a very significant aspect of the overall engagement between the two countries.
- Both navies have a representation in each other's Maritime Information Fusion Centres and have also recently signed an agreement on mutual submarine rescue support and coordination.