Smart drone delivery mailbox
Copyright infringement is not intended
Context: Bengaluru-based company ties up with US company.
- Indianapolis-based DroneDek Corporation, a US firm that designs smart mailbox for secure drone delivery, entered into an agreement with Bengaluru-based Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) to design, develop and produce smart mailbox units for worldwide distribution.
About DroneDek mailbox
- It is a feature-rich, secure mailbox that accepts delivery from a robotic, unmanned driverless, aerial drone or by conventional means.
- The device would accept parcels through traditional delivery methods, and is envisioned to become an everyday utility service, like power or water.
- The device is capable of keeping packages hot or cold, will alert users to arrival of a package, recharge drones, and even serve as an emergency alert mechanism, if necessary.
- An app controls when the device is opened for delivery or retrieval, and also controls its emergency alarm features.