Su-30 MKI Fighter Aircraft
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- THE DEFENCE Acquisition Council (DAC) cleared proposals to acquire 12 Su-30 MKI fighter aircraft and indigenous Dhruvastra missiles for the Indian Air Force.
- The Sukhoi Su-30MKI is a two-seater, twinjet multirole air superiority fighter.
- It is developed by Russian aircraft manufacturer Sukhoi and built under license by India's Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) for the Indian Air Force (IAF).
- A variant of the Sukhoi Su-30, it is a heavy, all-weather, long-range fighter.
- The Su-30MKI is a highly integrated twin-finned aircraft.
- The airframe is constructed of titanium and high-strength Aluminium alloy
- The Su-30MKI has a range of 3,000 km with internal fuel which ensures a 3.75 hour combat mission.
- The air refueling system increases the flight duration up to 10 hours with a range of 3,000 km combat radius.
READ ABOUT HELINA AND DHRUVASTRA: https://www.iasgyan.in/daily-current-affairs/helina
Q. Consider the following statements with reference to Su-30MKI.
1. The Su-30MKI has a range of 3,000 km with internal fuel which ensures a 3.75-hour combat mission.
2. A variant of the Sukhoi Su-30, it is a heavy, all-weather, long-range fighter.
How many of the above are incorrect?
A) Only 1
B) Only 2
C) Both 1 and 2
D) None of the above
Answer: D) None of the above.