Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- Scientists of the Zoological Survey of India have discovered a new species of wasp - Taeniogonalos dhritiae.
- The new species of wasp is a winged insect.
Area of Discovery
- The new species has been discovered in the Ranipuram Hills area of the Western Ghat part of Kerala.
- Taeniogonalos dhritiae is a species in the family of Trigonalyidae.
Species of Trigonalyidae
- While there are about 122 described species of Trigonalyidae, in 16 genes worldwide, the knowledge of Indian Trigonalyidae is scanty with only eight described species to date.
- These insects are hyperparasitoids (parasites of parasites) where females lay eggs on other parasitic wasps.
- The Trigonalyidae family is found in abundance in parts of Europe, Northern Africa, and Asia.
Q. Recently, a newly discovered species Taeniogonalos dhritiae was in the news. What is it?
Choose the correct code.
Option 1. A