TROPICAL CYCLONE FREDDY
13th March, 2023 Geography
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- Tropical cyclone Freddy is on track to set a record as the longest-lasting tropical cyclone on record according to the World Meteorological Organisation.
- Very Intense Tropical Cyclone Freddy is the longest-lived tropical cyclone on record, surpassing Hurricane John's record of 31 days in 1994.
- It also has the highest accumulated cyclone energy (ACE)of any tropical cyclone, surpassing Hurricane Ioke's record of 82.
- Freddy, which was once a powerful cyclone that affected the Mascarene Islands, Madagascar, and Mozambique in February 2023, is currently weakening after making its second landfall in Mozambique.
- The Australian Bureau of Meteorology, which acts as a WMO regional centre, named the cyclone as- Freddy.
Read about Cyclones in details: https://www.iasgyan.in/daily-current-affairs/cyclone-asani