Rajya Sabha TV or RSTV is a public broadcaster which telecasts proceedings of the Upper House of the Indian Parliament and hosts various shows. The shows on Rajya Sabha TV deal with the social, political, cultural and economic issues in the country. The RSTV programs are informative and present multiple perspectives on the issues in the news. With more and more focus on current affairs in the IAS exam, even conventionally ‘static portions’ of the UPSC Syllabus require an updated knowledge base. Along with this, the “All India Radio” broadcast most significant programs daily which are useful for IAS Examination. The new, Spotlight, Countrywide are some of the important programs. In this program, which keeps running for 15 minutes every day, one topic will be taken up for debate with an expert on the corresponding subjective matter. If aspirants can spend 15 minutes on heeding those debates every day, their memory will be improved and thought process will be enriched.
RSTV shows important for UPSC IAS exam preparation are:
- The Big Picture – a daily (weekdays) show on a topic of national or international importance, Desh deshantar provides the same topic discussion in hindi.
- India’s World – a weekly show on World Affairs related to India
- Policy Watch – a weekly show on Economic policies (Also, ‘State of the Economy’)
- World Panorama – a weekly show on the issues in news around the world
- Law of the land- discussion on bills
- Science monitor- information on science and technology across the world(important for
- Main bhi bharat- especially for anthropology optional
As UPSC Mains has essay-descriptive type questions, these RSTV discussions can be of big help. However, merely watching the Rajya Sabha TV shows is not enough and candidates need to make notes and align the same with the UPSC syllabus. Here our summary of all the important news covered comes handy for aspirants. They can read just the summary to get insight of all the key topics being discussed.
The below-listed programs in All India radio will be helpful for UPSC IAS Exam preparation.
Spotlight-It is the best part of All India Radio. It is in a question-answer presentation and highlights a journalist and a subject expert. It is a great add on to the editorials in the newspaper.
Current Affairs-On Tuesday it covers economics and on Friday current affairs and so on. 50% of the content is covered in English and remaining in Hindi.
Money Talk- Tuesdays at 9:30 pm Money Talk Weekly Broadcast Programme.
Countrywide- Thursdays at 9:30 pm
All these efforts will be made by us and we will provide the gist that can be used directly by student.
- How India should balance the growth amid these challenges?
- Quality R&D is the key to India’s future. However, India faces certain challenges in the development of the R&D sector.
- What restructuring is needed to address the deficiencies in the implementation?
- How India envisages to overcome challenges?
- The Competitiveness Roadmap for [email protected]’
- Is this change in the monsoon pattern unique to 2022 or is it a recurring phenomenon?
- What could be the possible reasons for such variability in the season?
- The change in monsoon pattern i.e., deficient and excess rainfall is due to the global warming
- Recent extreme weather events recorded in many Asian and European countries explain that climate change is a global phenomenon
- Terrorism in India
- About Counter-Terrorism Committee (CTC)
- One of the underlining reasons for the lack of international cooperation is the absence of a universal definition
- Another important aspect here which India has been bringing up time and again in the UNSC is that there can be no double standards in dealing with terrorists
- What are the major stumbling blocks in building cooperation and what’s the way out?
- Among all the blocks what is the road ahead?
- India’s Balance of Trade
- What is a balance of payments (BOP)?
- What changes with this new mechanism for Indian traders?
- Why RBI has adopted this new mechanism?
- From a long-term perspective, how will it work out?
- What has been done to make the Indian rupee a hard currency?
- How the value of the rupee will affect other currencies?
- What is the “deemed university” tag?
- What the parliamentary panel has observed in the recommendation as far as reforms in the higher education sector are concerned?
- How significantly this evaluation will improve the performance of the faculty members?
- How can we strengthen the industry-academia partnership to effectively implement reforms in higher education?
- How significant, feasible and productive this would be if implemented?
- What is G?
- Different types of G
- What is Spectrum?
- How the increased speed will benefit the common citizen of the country?
- Spectrum allocation has been made in the past concerning 2G, 3G and 4G. How 5G allocation will be different?
- How this technology is going to bring transformative change and will impact the lives of common people?
- Will 5G technology will help transform the non-telecom sectors?
- With the use of 5G, many telecoms, as well as the non-telecom sector will be benefited, what will be the economic impact?
- Challenges for 5G implementation