Rajya Sabha TV or RSTV is a public broadcaster which telecasts proceedings of the Upper House of the Indian Parliament and hosts various shows. The shows on Rajya Sabha TV deal with the social, political, cultural and economic issues in the country. The RSTV programs are informative and present multiple perspectives on the issues in the news. With more and more focus on current affairs in the IAS exam, even conventionally ‘static portions’ of the UPSC Syllabus require an updated knowledge base. Along with this, the “All India Radio” broadcast most significant programs daily which are useful for IAS Examination. The new, Spotlight, Countrywide are some of the important programs. In this program, which keeps running for 15 minutes every day, one topic will be taken up for debate with an expert on the corresponding subjective matter. If aspirants can spend 15 minutes on heeding those debates every day, their memory will be improved and thought process will be enriched.
RSTV shows important for UPSC IAS exam preparation are:
- The Big Picture – a daily (weekdays) show on a topic of national or international importance, Desh deshantar provides the same topic discussion in hindi.
- India’s World – a weekly show on World Affairs related to India
- Policy Watch – a weekly show on Economic policies (Also, ‘State of the Economy’)
- World Panorama – a weekly show on the issues in news around the world
- Law of the land- discussion on bills
- Science monitor- information on science and technology across the world(important for
- Main bhi bharat- especially for anthropology optional
As UPSC Mains has essay-descriptive type questions, these RSTV discussions can be of big help. However, merely watching the Rajya Sabha TV shows is not enough and candidates need to make notes and align the same with the UPSC syllabus. Here our summary of all the important news covered comes handy for aspirants. They can read just the summary to get insight of all the key topics being discussed.
The below-listed programs in All India radio will be helpful for UPSC IAS Exam preparation.
Spotlight-It is the best part of All India Radio. It is in a question-answer presentation and highlights a journalist and a subject expert. It is a great add on to the editorials in the newspaper.
Current Affairs-On Tuesday it covers economics and on Friday current affairs and so on. 50% of the content is covered in English and remaining in Hindi.
Money Talk- Tuesdays at 9:30 pm Money Talk Weekly Broadcast Programme.
Countrywide- Thursdays at 9:30 pm
All these efforts will be made by us and we will provide the gist that can be used directly by student.
1) WHAT DOES THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY WAIVER FOR COVID-19 VACCINES MEAN?
2) WHAT IS INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY?
3) CAN A WAIVER RESOLVE THE VACCINE SHORTAGE?