Figure 1: No Copyright Infringement Intended
Government has announced an update in the CoWIN platform that would enable employers, clients, and service providers to determine the Covid-19 vaccination status of beneficiaries.
- CoWin stands for Covid Vaccine Intelligent Work.
- Back in January 2021, the platform was unveiled by the union government as it launched the vaccination drive in the country.
- The website was created to give users a chance to book vaccine slots, keep a track of the overall vaccination drive in the country and download the Covid-19 vaccine
- At the backend, it also allows healthcare providers to manage vaccine stockand keep a track of the workflow.
Features of Cowin
- As mentioned, the primary feature is to give users a chance to book a vaccine slot anywhere in the country.
- CoWin also gives users the opportunity to download the vaccination certificate. Users can also add their passport details in the vaccination certificate.
About Shared Technology
- The government of India has made it clear that the code for CoWin will be made open source.
- The government won’t attach any intellectual property rightsto it.
- The government said that the code will be given to countries that are looking for an “orderly and transparent vaccination program”.
- The government will not allow any commercial use of the platform orfor it to be repackaged in another form.