FOSS4GOV INNOVATION CHALLENGE
11th September, 2021 Science and Technology
Disclaimer: No Copyright infringement intended.
- The government has extended the last date of participation and submission in FOSS4Gov Innovation Challenge till 15th of September.
- The Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology (MeitY) had announced #FOSS4Gov Innovation Challenge to accelerate adoption of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) in Government and build Indian FOSS Ecosystem.
- Through this challenge, the government invites innovators, start-ups, working professionals, academics and students in India to showcase their existing FOSS based innovations and/or build new, implementable, open source product innovations in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) with possible applications for Govtech in Health, Education, Agriculture, Urban Governance etc.
- This challenge is an opportunity for participants to pitch ideas to experts and receive mentorship to develop and fine-tune solutions.
- The winners of the challenge will also receive cash rewards and incubation support to scale their products.
- Additionally, they will have the opportunity to get their solutions listed on the Government e Marketplace (GeM) , thus allowing a host of central and state government departments to procure them.
- India has great prospects to become a vibrant hub for FOSS innovations.
- India has one of the largest pools of developers in the world.
- The challenge provides opportunity to integrate proposed solutions with existing GovTech projects.
- It aims to create an exclusive group of innovators that can be leveraged for various projects.