2nd October, 2021 Geography
Disclaimer: No copyright infringement of images intended.
- Construction on 05 major road infrastructure development projects was launched by Governor of Ladakh from Turtuk, the northernmost village of India.
- Construction of road Hanuthang-Handanbroke-Zungpal-Turtuk, will provide inter valley connectivity between Hanuthang-Handanbroke (Indus Valley) and Zungpal-Turtuk (Shyok Valley) across the Stakpuchan Range.
- This will also reduce the travel time to Three and Half Hours from existing Nine Hours to Turtuk via Leh without crossing the treacherous Khardungla pass.
- These roads are:
- 78 Km road Khalse to Batallik,
- 50 Km road Kargil to Dumgil which will also include construction of a tunnel at Hambotingla to ensure seamless connectivity from Kargil to Batallik,
- 70 km road Khalsar to Shyokvia Agham and
- 31 Km Tangtse to Lukung.
- All these roads are used extensively by travellers to reach sought after tourist destinations such as Hundar (Nubra Valley), Turtuk village, Shyok, Pangon-Tso lake and Aryan villages of Dah, Garkone Darchik etc.
Some important Maps