High Ambition Coalition (HAC) for Nature and People
Copyright infringement is not intended
Context: India officially joined the High Ambition Coalition for Nature and People, a group of more than 70 countries encouraging the adoption of the global goal to protect 30x30.
About High Ambition Coalition for Nature and People
- HAC members currently include a mix of countries in the global north and south; European, Latin American, Africa and Asia countries are among the members.
- India is the first of the BRICS bloc of major emerging economies (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) to join the HAC.
- The global 30x30 goal is currently a centre piece of the treaty.
- High Ambition Coalition for Nature and People, was initiated at the “One Planet Summit” in Paris in January 2021.
- This coalition aims to promote an international agreement to protect at least 30 % the of world's land and ocean by 2030.