INTEGRATED AYURVEDA NURSING DEGREE
Copyright infringement not intended
Context - The Union Government is in the process to initiate India’s first integrated Ayurveda nursing degree programme.
- The integrated Ayurveda nursing degree programme is an effort to offer the best medical healthcare system to patients.
- The syllabus of the programme will be designed by the All India Institute of Ayurveda.
- Inputs from top professionals in both allopathic and Ayurveda fields.
- There would be a provision for a residency programme where nursing students would take theory classes and work in the hospital to gain practical experience.
- The programme will be designed on the formula of 80:20 (80% Practical and 20% Theory).
Significance of the Step
- It will help to produce enough healthcare workers to meet health-Care Challenges.
- Minimize opportunities for rent-Seeking in medical education and practice.
- It will design a new Medical Curriculum according to the modern-day healthcare challenges.
- The government working on increasing the number of MBBS and matching postgraduate seats, but we also need to ensure that the current healthcare needs of our population are fulfilled.
- Many Countries have successfully addressed this problem by training non-doctors in basic medicine.
- A New System of trained health workers is needed, who after training should be equipped to provide the first line of care for acute conditions and to make referrals to a regular doctor.
- India has one doctor for 1,700 people, compared to the WHO norm of 1:1000, and most of these doctors are in urban areas, but nearly 70% of Indians live in rural areas.
- With appropriate bridge Courses, Sound regulatory and licensing mechanisms, Ayush degree holders or graduates should be given a chance to help Serve India’s Primary healthcare needs.