Maharaja Bikram Airport
6th January, 2022 Economy
Figure 4: No Copyright Infringement Intended
- The government is planning to blend 15 per cent green hydrogen with piped natural gas (PNG) for domestic, commercial and industrial consumption.
About Maharaja Bir Bikram:
- Bir Bikram Kishore Debbarman was the respected ruler of Tripura in the Manikia dynasty.
- He was born on August 19, 1908. He became the 184th and penultimate Maharaja of Kingdom of Tripura in 1923 and reigned until 1947.
- Maharaja Kirit Bikuram Kishore Debberman succeeded his father Bilbikulam and was the nominal king for two years until the merger of Tripura and India in 1949.
- It was Bill Bikram's determination and management efficiency that reserved the land for the local indigenous peoples of Tripura, which is now bordered as the Tripura Tribal Area Autonomous Region Council area.
The importance of the airport:
- The airport mixes Tripura’s culture, natural beauty, and modern facilities to expand flight connections to the northeast.
- This is an exemplary step towards making Tripura the gateway to the northeast, a new commercial and industrial center and trade corridor.
Development Initiative initiated by Tripura:
- In the spirit of Sabka Saath, Sabka Vikas and Sabka Prayas, the Government of India has introduced the HIRA development model.
Mukhyamantri Tripura Gram Samriddhi Yojana :
- It was created with the aim of ensuring better road tap water for all households, living spaces, Ayushman Bharat program coverage, insurance coverage, and local community confidence.
Vidya Jyoti Schools Mission:
- It 100 aims to improve state school education by providing all 100 existing high schools with state-of-the-art equipment and quality education. This project is aimed at Rs 12,000 students from kindergarten to XII over the next three years.