22nd November, 2021 Geography
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- The Union Minister of Textiles Piyush Goyal announced that the Ministry of Textiles has decided to set up a Handloom Village at Moirang of Manipur.
- The city- Moirang of Manipur is a very important place in the history of India's freedom movement.
- The Netaji Subhas Chandra led INA hoisted the tricolour flag at Moirang in its Imphal Campaign during the second World War.
- An INA Museum is there at Moirang and tourists across the globe visit the Museum.
- To showcase the rich handloom products of Manipur and attract the tourists, the ministry decided to set up the Handloom Village there and work on it will be started very soon.