Namami Gange Programme
Copyright infringement is not intended
Context: Chacha Chaudhary Declared Mascot For Namami Gange Programme.
National Mission for Clean Ganga (NMCG)
- NMCG has been focusing on youth as part of its outreach and public communications efforts as they are the impellers of change.
- NMCG has tied-up with Diamond Toons to develop and distribute comics, e-comics and animated videos.
- The content will be designed with the objective of bringing about behavioral change amongst children towards Ganga and other rivers.
- The total estimated budget for the project is Rs. 2.26 Cr.
- Chacha Chaudhary can be useful in ground-level activation for Ganga rejuvenation.
- Initially, the comics will be launched in Hindi, English and Bengali.
Namami Gange Programme’
- It is an Integrated Conservation Mission, approved as ‘Flagship Programme’ by the Union Government in June 2014 with budget outlay of 20,000 Crore to accomplish the twin objectives of effective abatement of pollution, conservation and rejuvenation of National River Ganga.
- Main pillars of the Namami Gange Programme are:-
- Sewerage Treatment Infrastructure
- River-Front Development
- River-Surface Cleaning
- Public Awareness
- Industrial Effluent Monitoring
- Ganga Gram
- Its implementation has been divided into
- Entry-Level Activities (for immediate visible impact),
- Medium-Term Activities (to be implemented within 5 years of time frame) and
- Long-Term Activities (to be implemented within 10 years).