1st October, 2021 Culture and Heritage
Disclaimer: No copyright infringement of images intended.
- “Nata-Sankirtana” festival was started at the Mandap of Jawaharlal Nehru Manipur Dance Academy (JNMDA), Imphal, from September 30, 2021.
- It is a three-day festival of Dance and Music in Manipur.
- Ragas, Nata sankirtana is a hymn of lord Krishna that synthesizes seevral indigenous rhythms. Sankirtana follows a strict code in its performance with rhythms pattern and costumes that are determined by specific rules & regulation.
- Sankirtana is performed to mark important occasions in person’s life such as from birth to death.
- UNESCO had recognized Manipur Nata Sankirtana in 2013.