Network Readiness Index 2022
21st November, 2022 Science and Technology
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- India has climbed up six places to 61st rank in the Network Readiness Index 2022 report.
- The NRI report is released by Portulans Institute, an independent non-profit, nonpartisan research and educational institute based in Washington DC.
- It places maps network-based readiness landscape of 131 economies based on their performances in four different pillars: Technology, People, Governance, and Impact covering a total of 58 variables.
Findings of 2022 Report
- NRI-2022 report states that India has a greater network readiness than would be expected given its income level.
- India is ranked 3rd out of 36 in the group of lower-middle-income countries after Ukraine (50) and Indonesia (59). India has a score higher than the income group average in all pillars and sub-pillars.
- The report states that India secured 1st rank in “AI talent concentration”, 2nd rank in “Mobile broadband internet traffic within the country” and “International Internet bandwidth", 3rd rank in “Annual investment in telecommunication services” and “Domestic market size”, 4th rank in “ICT Services exports”, 5th rank in “FTTH/Building Internet subscriptions” and “AI scientific publications”.