PRASAR BHARATI PROCUREMENT POLICY
16th June, 2022 Polity and Governance
Copyright infringement not intended
Context - For the first time a procurement policy was released by Prasar Bharati.
- The policy aims to promote ease of doing business at Prasar Bharati.
- The Policy is a guideline for all procurement made in Prasar Bharati verticals, including All India Radio (AIR) and Doordarshan (DD).
- Prasar Bharati is India's official public broadcaster.
- It is a statutory autonomous body set up by an Act of Parliament in 1990.
- It comprises the Doordarshan Television Network and All India Radio.
- The Act grants autonomy to All India Radio and Doordarshan, both earlier under the control of the government.
- The Act defines its composition, functions, and powers.
- Its headquarter is in New Delhi.