8th January, 2022 Culture and Heritage
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- Union Tourism Minister Shri G. Kishan Reddy virtually inaugurates PRASHAD projects at Govardhan, Mathura, Uttar Pradesh.
- The project for “Development of Govardhan Mathura” under the PRASHAD scheme was approved by the Ministry of Tourism in 2019.
- The components viz. ‘Multi Level Car Stand Block, Cloak Room & Toilets, Boundary wall and Surface development at Govardhan Bus Stand’ has been successfully completed with the cost of INR 15.82 Cr.
About PRASHAD Scheme
- The ‘National Mission on Pilgrimage Rejuvenation and Spiritual Heritage Augmentation Drive’ (PRASHAD) is a Central Sector Scheme with complete financial assistance by the Government of India.
- Launch: The scheme has been launched under the Ministry of Tourism in the year 2014-15
- Vision: It has the vision of focused infrastructure development to harness pilgrimage and heritage tourism destinations for its direct and multiplier effect upon employment generation and economic development.
- Aim: The scheme aims at infrastructure development to envisage world class infrastructural development of the sites with special emphasis on Tourist Facilities including Tourist Facilitation Centres, way-side amenities Parking, Public convenience, Illumination and Sound and Light Shows.