Project Agreement (PA) for Air-Launched Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (ALUAV)
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- India & US sign Project Agreement for Air-Launched Unmanned Aerial Vehicle
About Project Agreement for Air-Launched Unmanned Aerial Vehicle
- It is a significant step towards deepening defence technology cooperation between India & US.
- It outlines collaboration between Indian Air Force & DRDO towards design, development, demonstration, testing and evaluation of systems to co-develop ALUAV Prototype.
- The PA for ALUAV falls under the Research, Development, Testing and Evaluation (RDT&E) Memorandum of Agreement between Ministry of Defence and US Department of Defence, which was first signed in January 2006 and renewed in January 2015.
Defence Technology and Trade Initiative (DTTI)
- The main aim of Defence Technology and Trade Initiative (DTTI) is to bring sustained leadership focus to promote collaborative technology exchange and create opportunities for co-production and co-development of future technologies for Indian and US military forces.
- Under DTTI, Joint Working Groups on land, naval, air, and aircraft carrier technologies have been established for focus on mutually agreed projects in respective domains.
- The PA for co-development of ALUAV has been overseen by the Joint Working Group on Air Systems and is a major accomplishment for DTTI.