16th November, 2021 Security
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- Union Minister Dr. Jitendra Singh inaugurated “Tech NEEV/ नींव @75” as part of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav and interacted with successful start-ups including those from the tribal communities on the occasion of Janjatiya Gaurav Diwas.
- The Government of India will be setting up 30 Science Technology and Innovation (STI) Hubs in different parts of the country for Scheduled Tribes (STs) by end of 2022.
- Aim: To promote scientific talent among tribal communities and for their overall socio-economic development.
- The 75 hour programme includes experience sharing of beneficiaries, community change leaders, societal changemakers conclave and round table discussions by various stakeholders apart from compilation of 75 impactful stories on India’s progress towards Aatma Nirbhar Bharat.
- The STI Hubs for SCs/STs,will directly benefit 20,000 people through various interventions spreading across farm, non-farm and other allied livelihood sectors.
- “Tech NEEV/ नीव @ 75” is a year-long celebration highlighting the impact of Science Technology Innovation (STI) in empowering community for creating equitable inclusive economic growth.
- It reverberates the importance of Science and Technology in transforming the life of the poorest of the poor and developing affordable technologies.