Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- IIT Ropar’s startup company, Urban Air Laboratory, that has developed the product claims it to be world’s first, state-of-the art ‘Smart Bio-Filter’ that can make breathing fresh.
About Ubreathe Life
- This living-plant based air purifier “Ubreathe Life” that amplifies the air purification process in the indoor spaces.
- These indoor spaces can either be hospitals, schools, offices and your Homes.
- The technology works through the air-purifying natural leafy plant.
- The room-air interacts with leaves and goes to the soil-root zone where maximum pollutants are purified.
- Ubreathe claims that the product has certain biophilic benefits, such as supporting cognitive function, physical health, and psychological well-being.
- The consumer need not water the plant regularly as there is a built-in water reservoir with a capacity of 150ml which acts as a buffer for plant requirements.
- The novel technology used in this product is ‘Urban Munnar Effect’ along with patent pending “Breathing Roots” to exponentially amplify the phytoremediation process of the plants.
- Phytoremediation is a process by which plants effectively remove pollutants from the air.
- ‘Ubreathe Life’ effectively improves indoor air quality by removing particulate, gaseous and biological contaminants while increasing the oxygen levels in the indoor space through specific plants, UV disinfection and a stack of Pre-filter, Charcoal filter and HEPA (high efficiency particulate air) filter fitted in a specially designed wooden box.
- There is a centrifugal fan which creates a suction pressure inside the purifier, and releases purified air, formed at the roots, through the outlet in 360degree direction.
- The specific plants tested for air-purification include Peace Lily, Snake Plant, Spider plant and all have given good results in purifying indoor-air.
- According to a World Health Organization (WHO) report the indoor air spaces are five times more polluted than outdoor air space.
- That is a cause of concern especially in the present Covid pandemic times. The ‘Ubreathe Life’ can be a solution to this concern.