U.S.-India Strategic Clean Energy Partnership (SCEP)
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
Context: Minister of Petroleum and Natural Gas and Minister of Housing and Urban Affairs launched the revamped U.S.-India Strategic Clean Energy Partnership (SCEP).
- It is launched in accordance with U.S.-India Climate and Clean Energy Agenda 2030 Partnership announced at the Leaders Summit on Climate.
- The SCEP organizes inter-governmental engagement across five pillars of cooperation:
(1) Power and Energy Efficiency
(2)Responsible Oil and Gas
(3) Renewable Energy
(4) Sustainable Growth and
(5) Emerging Fuels.
More about news:
- A new India-US Task Force on Biofuels was announced to build on the scope of work on cooperation in biofuels sector.
- Both sides will strengthen the electric grid in India, to support large-scale integration of renewables, including through smart grids, energy storage, flexible resources, and distributed energy resources, and ensure reliable and resilient grid operations, as well as promoting energy efficiency and conservation measures.
- Both sides have initiated institutionalization of India Energy Modeling Forum with the constitution of Six Task Forces