VIRTUAL SCIENCE LAB FOR CHILDREN
23rd November, 2021 Science and Technology
Disclaimer: Copyright infringement not intended.
- Science and Technology Minister launched India’s first Virtual Science Lab for Children under CSIR Jigyasa Programme, which will also connect students with scientists across the country.
- The main aim of the Virtual Lab is to provide quality research exposure and innovative pedagogy for school students based on an online interactive medium.
- The target audience for the Virtual Lab platform is students of Standard six to 12 who would like to explore science using different activities, experienced researchers, and faculties on the subjects of Science, Mathematics, Biology, and IT.
- Initially the content will be available in English, but has been planned to be made available in Hindi and other regional languages.
- This Virtual Lab will provide a virtual tour of CSIR laboratories and expose students to research infrastructure.
- The new facility will immensely benefit students from Kendriya Vidyalayas, Navodaya Vidyalayas, and Government Schools and will help in catching them young.