YUDH ABHYAS 2022
Copyright infringement not intended
Context: The 18th edition of Indo - US joint training exercise “YUDH ABHYAS 22” is scheduled to be conducted in Uttarakhand this month.
- Exercise Yudh Abhyas is conducted annually between India and USA with the aim of exchanging best practices, Tactics, Techniques and Procedures between the Armies of the two nations.
- The previous edition of the exercise was conducted at Joint Base Elmendorf Richardson, Alaska (USA) in October 2021.
- The training schedule focuses on employment of an integrated battle group under Chapter VII of the UN Mandate. The schedule will include all operations related to peace keeping & peace enforcement.
- The joint exercise will also focus on Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief (HADR) operations.
- The exercise will facilitate both Armies to share their wide experiences, skills and enhance their techniques through information exchange.